This truly is the most delicious green chile sauce you will ever eat. I’ve made it many times for my family, and there never seems to be enough. When I’ve doubled the recipe below, it almost leaves a little dab of leftovers. The great thing ~ besides the wonderful flavor and texture of this sauce ~ is that it’s incredibly easy to make! Give it a try. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 medium Onion; chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic; minced
- ⅓ cup Vegetable Oil
- ⅓ cup Flour
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 (4 oz) cans Green Chiles; diced
- Salt; to taste
- Saute the chopped onion and garlic in the vegetable oil until transparent.
- Add the flour and stir until heated through.
- Add the chicken stock and stir until thickened.
- Stir in the sour cream and green chiles.
- Add salt to taste.
That is all. ♥