A Healthier Condensed Soup Mix
Author: HisEllieMae ~ Our Second Spring
Recipe type: Mix
A simple, healthier condensed cream soup mix.
- 2 cups Nonfat Dry Milk
- ¾ cup Arrowroot Powder (or Cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons Dried Minced Onion
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Chicken Bouillon Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Thyme (optional)
- Combine dry milk, arrowroot powder, onion flakes, pepper and chicken bouillon. If desired, add basil and thyme. Mix well and place in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- When using the mix, combine ⅓ cup of the mix with 1-1/4 cups of water in a saucepan. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Use instead of canned condensed cream soup. For variations, add vegetables, pasta, rice or chopped cooked meat.